The HELYX group of companies is a Russian production and engineering holding with a 15-year history in the design and construction of water treatment, water treatment and heat supply facilities. The HELYX group of companies has a successful experience in the production of carbon filters and their integration into the system of treatment complexes.
Iron removal filters HELYX are designed to remove oxidized iron compounds and suspended solids.
The pressure filter-deferrization unit consists of the following components:
1. The pressure filter housing is made of high-quality composite material, on which a fiberglass thread is wound, fastened with epoxy resin (seamless technology). The housings are fully protected against corrosion and rust. All parts of the enclosures in contact with water are made of food grade materials. The filter housings are compatible with standard control valves and fittings used in water treatment systems.
2. An automatic control valve, consisting of a microcontroller, which is programmed for the specified filtration parameters - after cleaning a specified volume of water or at a specific time of the day, the filter is transferred to regeneration by a reverse flow of water, flushing all retained contaminants into the sewer.
3. The supply pipeline is made of inert materials (polypropylene or PVC).
4. A riser pipe is required to distribute the water flow from the control valve to the lower distribution system.
5. Bottom distribution system - necessary for even distribution of water flow over the entire filtration area.
6. Filtering loading. Aluminosilicate is used for loading the filter, which is an effective means of removing iron and manganese, insoluble and suspended particles from water, and also perfectly restores its filtering ability during backwashing and does not require the use of chemical regeneration. Aluminosilicate acts as an oxidation catalyst in the reactions of interaction of dissolved oxygen with iron (II) and (III) compounds, resulting in the formation of iron (III) hydroxide, which is insoluble and can be easily removed by the reverse flow of water.
The sorbent does not require the use of any chemical reagents for regeneration. Periodic flushing with water is necessary and sufficient. During operation, the sorbent is not consumed, it is a very durable material, the physicochemical properties of the sorbent meet the requirements of GOST R 51641-2000. The sorbent has a large capacity and successfully maintains very low concentrations of contaminants in treated water.
7. The outlet piping is made of inert materials (polypropylene or PVC).
8. The pipeline for the discharge of flushing water is made of inert materials (polypropylene or PVC).
The purification process is based on the conversion of soluble (divalent) compounds into insoluble ones. The precipitate falls out in the form of rust or colloidal flakes of iron hydroxide.
The oxidation process takes place on the surface of the grains of the filter media, which have catalytic activity. The introduction of preliminary aeration of the incoming stream (with reagent-free cleaning) or the use of systems for dosing auxiliary substances (with the reagent method) allows intensifying the cleaning (due to the transition of iron into poorly soluble compounds). To speed up the oxidation process, catalytic feeds are used with further retention of a suspension of iron hydroxide in the thickness of the filter material.
Working range - 5.5 ÷ 9 units pH.
Working temperature - 5-35 ° С.
Total iron content - Up to 50 mg / l.
Total manganese content - Up to 2 *.
Clay, loam - no.
Hydrogen sulfide - up to 2.0 * mg / l.
Sulfides (by H2S) - up to 0.2 * mg / l.
Carbon dioxide CO - no.
Oil products - Up to 5 * mg / l.
Pressure - 2.5 - 6.0 atm.
in Russia, with an area of 15,000 m2
in the market of water treatment and wastewater disposal
products are released annually
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay up to date with HELYX news. We send out a newsletter once a week with only the most important information.